Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thursday's Three on Poetry

Today's post features a trio of poetry videos, also known as videopoems.

"Ark" ~  Videopoem by Allen Wheeler (J. Allen and B. Wheeler). The poem is by Ed Madden, poet laureate (2015-2019) of Columbia, South Carolina, and is taken from his collection Ark (Sibling Rivalry Press, March 15, 2016).



My thanks to Moving Poems.

City of Columbia Poet Laureate Page 

Sibling Rivalry Press Page for Ark

✭ "Ghazal Before Morning ~ Videopoem by Marc Neys (aka Swoon). The poem is by Colleen Michaels (read and listen to the text); the voice belongs to Nic Sebastian.


Ghazal Before Morning from Marc Neys (aka Swoon) on Vimeo.

My thanks to Swoon.

Nic Sebastian's Very Like a Whale

✭ "I Ate the Cosmos for Breakfast"~ Videopoem from Motionpoems. The film uses work from Melissa Studdard's debut collection I Ate the Cosmos for Breakfast (St. Julian Press, September 2015).


My thanks to Motionpoems.


I Ate the Cosmos for Breakfast from Motionpoems on Vimeo.
___________________________


April is National Poetry Month, which is now in its 30th year!




Diesel Book Store 30 Videos for 30 Days (2010)

No comments: