Thursday, August 20, 2015

New Artist Watch Feature at Escape Into Life


I do not set out to make a picture of a tree; instead, I want
to explore the color, shape, and light of a tree. My intention
always is to make a painting. . . .
~ Noel Paine, Artist



Noel Paine, Bow Tree Autumn, 2007
Oil on Linen, 150 cm x 150 cm
Copyright © Noel Paine

PLEASE DO NOT COPY IMAGE WITHOUT PERMISSION

You'll find me today at Escape Into Life, where I'm very pleased to post a new Artist Watch feature on painter Noel Paine.

A Londoner by birth, Noel has lived in Italy and Austria. His East London and Italian paintings and, more recently, his Viennese woodland series have been exhibited in London and Rome. When he is not painting, Noel works as a freelance lecturer at the National Gallery in London.

Today's Artist Watch column presents eight of Noel's beautiful landscape paintings, his Artist Statement, a biography, and links to his Website and galleries.

No comments: